- Pastured Lamb & Goat
- Whole Pastured Lamb (Deposit Only)
Whole Pastured Lamb (Deposit Only)
$8.00 per hanging lb.
$200 Deposit + Bucher Fees (Payment #1 Only)
- Total Price = Deposit + Balance: Deposit (Due now).
- Average Cost: $450.
- Your deposit reserves your lamb for the upcoming slaughter date.
- Balance: the remaining of the total price based on the actual hanging weight .
- Average Hanging Weight: 60 lbs.
- Average Net Weight (based on the standard cut): 35 lbs.
- The 2nd Payment is due when your order is ready to be picked up at the farm/slaughterhouse in Knoxville, GA, or delivered to locally or to your nearest airport.
All in Pricing Includes:
- Butcher Fees: Processing & Custom Butchering in USDA inspected facility, Vacuum Packaging and Labeling.Standard Cut: A standard whole lamb packed includes 4 leg shanks, 2 leg roasts, 2 shoulders, 2 racks, loin chops, and sliced neck. Average Cost: $400 + $85 Processing Fee.
- Custom Cut: This is where you get to tell us exactly how you would like your lamb to be cut. Average Cost: $400 + $125 Processing Fee.
Buying a whole pastured lamb is one of the best ways to enjoy all your favorite cuts at the best value. It will save you money compared to buying old frozen meat imported from Australia or New Zealand. Buying a whole animal gives you control on how your lamb or goat is processed and it is a great way to try every cut available and it will not overwhelm you or your freezer.
When you purchase a lamb through us, you are buying the whole animal. You can also split a lamb with a friend or a neighbor. Your lamb/goat will be cut to your specifications, vacuum packed, labeled, and frozen. You’ll be charged a price per pound based on the hanging weight of that animal. We expect hanging weights to range between 40-50 lbs. this season depending on the size of the animal available when you order. A whole lamb will typically require 2 cubic feet of space your freezer.
Next Steps: Once you place Deposit order(below), you will receive, via email, an order confirmation with your order # and a link to your butcher instruction sheet.
- Fill out the butcher instruction sheet using your order #
- Once your order is ready, we will email you the final invoice (Payment # 2) with your delivery or pick up details
- We deliver our meat shares in Georgia from Macon at $1.00/mile or can be picked up at the slaughter house by appointment.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, and PayPal (3% fee) as well as cash or Zelle (no fees). We usually deliver on weekend to Metro-Atlanta area, and I update the next delivery date in the title of this post. We have many pickup/rendezvous locations.
- All weights and numbers are approximate. Sizes of cuts vary based on the size of the animal.
- The availability of our meat share is based on processing dates and seasonal availability.
- Give us 2-4 weeks to process and prepare your order. We'll make sure to give you a call when it's ready.
- To order, use the on-line cart system to make a non-refundable deposit. This reserves your order for the next delivery date. You make final payment once we know the exact hanging weight.