- Pastured Chicken
- Pasture-Raised Heirloom Chicken Shares (Deposit Only)
Pasture-Raised Heirloom Chicken Shares (Deposit Only)
True Farm-to-Table Beyond Organic Pasture-Raised Omega-3 Chicken
Our chickens are truly pastured! They are always outside on grass, with fresh air, sunshine, and plenty room to roam, foraging for insects, vegetation, and seeds. They are fed a local feed that has not been genetically modified comprised of corn, peas, barley, wheat, flax, vitamins and minerals raised by farmers who don’t spray their crops with anything, making it better than organic. The locally-grown organic feed — made exclusively from crops grown on a nearby Mennonite farm in Montezuma Georgia.
Our organic/non-GMO pasture-raised whole chicken share comes in 10 chickens with an average weight of 4.50 pound per bird. We raise two chicken breeds: Cornish Cross and Kosher King broilers.
- Cornish Cross Broilers: Standard Main Commercial Breed: soft meat great for grilling.
- Kosher King Broilers: KA as royalty of meat production: has a number of benefits over standard broilers. Have some of the most delicious and flavorful meat. Great for soups, stews, and grilling.
The chickens will be whole, packaged in a shrink-bag container ready for freezing, unless other arrangements are made. We can cut the birds to order for a small fee. We plan to have various sizes available. See below for whole bird pricing.
- Non-GMO USDA Certified Organic all-vegetarian feed from our local supplier.
- 6-8 weeks of daily rotational grazing on pasture in “chicken tractors” Joel Salatin' s way eating grass, bugs, worms etc.
- Free Range on pasture
- No Antibiotics Ever
- No Hormones or Steroids Added*
- Hand slaughtered Zabiha, processed, and vacuum-sealed in small batches
- Raised on our small family farm
- Have NO water or brine added... Just chicken!
- Humanely processed ourselves
*Federal regulations prohibit the use of hormones or steroids in poultry.
Share Cost by Chicken Size:
Starting at $300 per share. Deposit: $150. Cutting options and extra organ meats are available upon request for a fee. Check our cuts here.
- Whole Chicken: Small: $300
- Medium/Mixed: $320
- Large: $350
Whole Chicken Cut- Standard: two wings, two drumsticks, two legs, split breast, and back at $2/chicken.
The price of our poultry products will change somewhat with the price of feed, processing, and custom raising costs. In addition, prices may be adjusted in response to supply and demand. Consequently, all prices are subject to change -- usually without prior notice.
This organic pasture-raised chicken share is sure to delight anyone who appreciates a perfectly roasted bird: crispy on the outside, deliciously tender and juicy on the inside. Packed with Omega 3’s and vitamin E from happy birds raised on pasture.
Compared to conventional chicken:
- 2.3 times more Omega 3 fats
- 90% lower omega-6:omega-3 ratio
- 1.9x higher poly-unsaturated : saturated fats
- 6% higher protein
- 15% more collagen
Approx. average weight: 4.5-lb. whole fresh or frozen bird.
- Keep refrigerated or frozen.
- Keep raw meat and poultry separate from other foods. Wash work surfaces (including cutting boards), utensils, and hands after touching raw meat or poultry.
- Cook thoroughly.
- Keep hot foods hot. Refrigerate leftover immediately or discard.